Suitable for Grade 3 – 7
Envirotrails are great fun, interactive and involve creative problem solving and team work. They are linked to the curriculum and include a colour booklet. Envirotrails take place at:
- Healing plants: children explore the medicinal garden at Kirstenbosch and plan an adventure using key plants to survive. Innovative, fun and lots to learn.
- Plant Centenarians: Children walk in the footsteps of early explorers at Kirstenbosch and discover Van Riebeeck’s hedge, ancient plants and how we can help to preserve them.
- Fynbos: we are very fortunate to live in the Cape Floral Kingdom with beautiful plants that are endemic to our country. Children explore the fynbos and its uses.
- Table Mountain Flora and Fauna: A world heritage site, Table Mountain is world famous. Children learn about its unique flora and fauna and search for the red disa and the Table Mountain butterfly and ghost frog.
- Cycads and Dinosaurs: Kirstenbosch has a splendid collection of cycads and an exhibition of life size dinosaurs. Children explore the link between the two and have fun finding the dinosaurs that roamed our planet.
- Penguins and oil spills: A wonderful opportunity to visit the penguins, see them fly through the water and understand their incredible body structure that makes them so adept in the sea.
- Beaks and feet: Explore a city wetland and visit a variety of bird hides. Spot the hippos and learn about the importance of our wetlands and how we need to preserve them
Higgeldy Piggeldy Farm yard:
- Chickens, goats and pigs: discover fascinating facts about our domestic animals and step into a world of making butter, explore how a jersey is made and check out if your breakfast egg was fresh.
Sponsor an Outing
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring an outing. Please complete the short form below and we will be in contact soon.